Monday, August 27, 2012

30 Rock

30 Rock

I'm getting pretty tired of people always asking me if I watch 30 rock and when I tell them no, I don't really care for it they follow up with "Why not?! It's funny!"

Listen, I don't enjoy the show and I don't find Liz Lemon to be some comedic geneius. I didn't give a shit about her when she was on SNL and her comedy style just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

my beef with 30 rock is that generally liz has a problem, and she goes to jack for help, then jack presents some awful patriarchal pig headed thing as a solution and liz is like "ugh jack! you're so pig headed and misogynistic! that's not how things work!" and then she goes and tries it her way and it doesn't work and then she tries it jack's way and then everything works out. so jack is presented as being awful except he's always objectively right within the framework of the show. so clearly he's worthy of respect within that framework.

No comments: