Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NBC

NBC

With Halloween a couple of hours behind us now it means one thing, you should be watching The Nightmare Before Christmas as it takes place starting..... NOW!

Yeah. It may be the Nightmare before Christmas, but the start of the movie is moments after the Halloween celebration. Thankfully they didn't want to make Jack Skellington fat and excluded Thanksgiving altogether.



If anything though, this does signal one more thing.. that the Christmas Holiday is just around the corner and the rest of the year might as well be a fart in the wind. To be perfectly honest I'm happy about that. Fuck this year. It's been one hell of a huge disappointment all around. I thought I was going to do a lot more traveling. Hell, I had picked out time frames and all that and here I am, not gone a damn place. Such a huge let down.

Then you have the series of just massive left turns on me. Job turning into maternity leave and a slew of traffic issues that has become past a nightmare and entered the realm of god damn annoying. I'm ready for this year to just end already. Maybe 2012 will be a better one.

Anyhow, back to the Tim Burton classic. While it's not a Tim Burton film, did you know this little fun fact that Jack Skellington also appeared in James and the Giant Peach? True story.



Though everyone assumes that it was a Tim Burton film based on the fact that it was marketed as "from the director of Nightmare Before Christmas". This same thing happened with Neil Gaiman's Caroline.

Anyhow, this blog post is pretty much all over the place. Why? Well, I've been drinking. Also because it's just bridging the gap between Halloween and tomorrow when it's all Souls day - Day of the Dead. So yeah. Expect a sober me later. I just don't give a shit.

No comments: