Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Fall TV

The Fall TV - FOX

Well, the upfronts are all over and now we know what you'll be watching on TV. In this case I really care about Fox because.. well, it's a living.

So what can you look forward to from the house that Rupert built? How about more shitty animation!



It's kind of scary to hear Batman from Brave and the bold telling Napoleon Dynamite to submit. But hey, gotta give them some credit, it looks just as pointless and silly as the film. Which I'll fully admit I thought was alright. The show can't be worse than King of the Hill.

Then we have Animation domination not being run by Seth MacFarlane anymore..


Oh, who am I kidding. That's partially produced by Seth and then there's the other little nugget that Seth MacFarlane Finally Gets Go-Ahead To Reboot 'The Flintstones'

So it's pretty clear that in a couple of years this will replace the Simpsons. Which if you think about The Flintstones replacing the Simpsons, you gotta say that's a bit odd. But I'm sure he'll treat the franchise with some respect.. right?





Fuuuuuuucccccc....

I guess Hanna and Barbera were the kings of making shitty, derivative TV animation and they'd probably think MacFarlane is lazy for only making 4 TV shows and not recycling nearly enough frames of animation on them.

But moving on to better things. Cuter things. We have my not-so-secret crush.. fuck, everyone's crush Zooey Deschanel joining her sister Emily in having a fox television show in New Girl.



Though they're going to have to reshoot that pilot as Daymon Wayons Jr. is already contractually obligated for season 2 of Happy Endings. Fox took the chance on casting him for New Girl because they assumed that Happy Endings was going to have a not so happy ending and get canceled.

What does this mean for me? Potential for reshooting money! Wooo hoo! But on to her sister now, If you're a viewer of Bones, then first off I thank you for the ratings bump which keeps me cashing in. But second of all, you probably recall that back door pilot of The Finder. Yeah, they green lit that sucker.

Then we move on to another potential stinker..


I'm not hearing good things about this money pit around the camp fire. It's way over budget to produce and the story looks bland and boring. I seriously don't think it will last more than a season. Yes, it's Jurassic Park meets Battle Star Galactica. But I really don't care

And finally you have a new J.J. Abrams TV show called Alcatrax.


While I love the guy's stories, the fact that he's like a dead beat dad who just goes around humping creative teams out and cranking out production babies and then leaves them just makes me wonder how good this show is going to be.

Fringe got luck, but what hasn't J.J. put his name on lately as a producer. It's become something that is just silly to think about.

So there you have it. The Fox line up for the Fall.

No comments: