Thursday, October 1, 2009

Touching Tits For A Good Cause

Touching Tits For A Good Cause

There's nothing I stand firmly for more than I do boobs. I like to believe that I'm a big supporter of them. Really, it's true. Crude puns aside, I think it's Breast Cancer awareness month. Either that or everyone accidently slipped a red shirt into their laundry load of whites, because I'm seeing pink ribbons, shirts and other associated brands all over the place. Which leads me to question one thing, when isn't it breast cancer awareness month?

Didn't I go to a Breast Cancer awareness event just in July? What about when all those Baseball players played with a pink Bat? Was that not breast cancer awareness events? Maybe this is just social commentary in the sense that breast are always on everyone's mind, and thus it's Always breast cancer awareness month.. Cause we're always aware of them. ( . Y . ) Yes. I just went there. What? I'm immature. You should know this by now.



On to some serious news - Jaime King has teamed up to write and product Tit for Tat, a breast cancer awareness campaign in partnership with Stand Up 2 Cancer to bring about a great deal of PSA's to help encourage women to give themselves test and better know their breast so they can tell if there's any differences or lumps to be found.

While I do not have breast to be concerned about, I'd like to think that I keep them close to my heart whenever possible... (ok, that one wasn't intended. I swear) and I'm all for the discovery of the cure that could better improve the quality of life as well as bring to light the methods of breast cancer prevention and early detection whenever possible.



While I hate all forms of energy drinks because it shows a lack of self powered bootstraps, I can't help but think that this companies heart was in the right place. A pink lemonade energy drink made for females with a lot of vitamins that you females seem to lack, named Her Energy, is sponsoring a six-month, six-episode viral campaign for breast cancer prevention and early detection. Which yet again doesn't help me wonder how often it's breast cancer awareness month..

The first PSA, The Booby Scare, was shot a couple of weeks back and it stars Jaime King, Emily Deschanel, Minka Kelly, Katherine McPhee, and Alyson Hannigan. Two of those on the list are some of my favorite people so it's easy to see that besides BOOBS, why this story caught my eye. So be on the look out for The Booby Scare. A film that you would expect to be placed behind a curtain, but in this case.. nah, it's on the internet. In fact, here you go..



See, now wasn't that fun? Emily and Alyson touching... ok, this is for science.. I have to remember that.. FOR SCIENCE!! only.. I mean, you could have a much cruder commercial if you really wanted to. You could always create awareness through some pretty sleaze method, at least this way allowed you to get your celebrity fix on and didn't pander to the "OMG, LOOK, TITS!" crowd. Unlike this ad...



Tits.. it's what's for dinner.. Wait, what? Let's declare it Booobtober! Yeah, there you go. Though I do want to remind you folks that it is October and there's nothing more scary than breast cancer... well, prostate/colon cancer is pretty high up there, but checking for that leaves you with a finger up your ass. So, perhaps that shouldn't be something you try to do yourself.

I suppose if you really want to be crude in your marketing for breast cancer, you could do what the folks in the Netherlands did with their breast cancer awareness ads

Yup, another breast cancer ad designed to reduce women to their tits.. Great! It sometimes makes you question if we even care about saving women's lives or if we just care about saving a pair of breast from being uneven... Either way, check your boobs, ladies. It's great for your health!

No comments: