Friday, October 23, 2009

All I Want For Christmas: 1 - A Shot

What I Want For Christmas: 1 - A Shot

I realize that it's still the middle of October and Christmas is a long way off. I would tell you that you're full of shit and the local Target agrees with me as they already have Christmas things out next to the Halloween supplies. See, they forget Thanksgiving altogether. The point is that the War on Christmas has already started. First blood has been spilled and well, I'm not going to wait around to capitalize on it. I'm going to take a page out of Dick Chaney's book and just start with my Christmas list of things I want.

Now I know I never ever get what I want for Christmas. One year my sister gave me fake plastic body parts. What I did with them? I don't even remember. I think I just threw them away with the gift wrapping material that they came in. I mean, who gift wraps that? Just don't bother. So I figure that if I make blogs about things that I want and make sure they are utterly improbable to get, then I'll be alright. I mean, I tried to tell you what I want. You can't say it was difficult to shop for me, I'm posting about it right here.



So what's the first thing on my list of things I want? A shot.. that is a Shot glass. Not just any shot glass though. This one is special and I normally don't ask people to buy me shot glasses of places they go to because it's something I do myself. If I visit a strange place and I see a shot glass that I just have to own, then I'll buy it. But in this case, the shot glass is something I want because it's something I had and then lost.. and then had again and lost.

You see, this story isn't news. I told it to you already. The story of the Buc-ee's shot glass. It was just a generic gas station.. with the most fablous restrooms around! But they also had shot glasses and the one that I simply had to have was the one that said "It's A Beave" with such a stupid looking cartoon Beaver on the front of it.

It broke. Then I got it replaced by a penpal that lived in Texas, the place where it seems that these gas stations only exist. Then a couple of months back that replacement one broke. What the fuck kind of luck did I have?

Either way, I'm sure that if no one gives me this I'll just go on a road trip through Texas with the sole purpose of buying a shot glass. But hey, it's up there on the list of things I want for Christmas and so it is on this here ongoing All I Want For Christmas list that no one will be able to pay attention to.

But seriously, you have to admire a company that prides themselves on great looking bathrooms. From the Houston Chronicle :

Perhaps more than any other Texas store, Buc-ee’s implores people to use its bathrooms.

Near the Louisiana border, a billboard says: “Only 262 Miles to Buc-ee’s. You can Hold It.”

Another one reads: “Restrooms So Clean We Leave Mints In the Urinals.”

The idea behind the billboards: When motorists pull in to use the restroom, they are likely to buy.

And at Buc-ee’s, they can buy things they won’t find at most other gas station-convenience stores.

Oh so true. Much like me on my mind numbing trip through Texas. I saw those comical ads and fell in love with a company that I have only used once. ONCE! And only for the restrooms. Which lead to me buying a shot glass and then begging someone to buy me another when the first broke. Now I'm back again begging for a third.

Jesus Christ, I'm pretty fucking pathetic. And that's all for this segments All I Want For Christmas.

No comments: