Sunday, June 8, 2008

Man's Tribue To Wile E. Coyote

Man's Tribute To Wile E. Coyote

MSNBC posted:

Man jumps from plane with no parachute, dies

DUANESBURG, N.Y. - A 29-year-old man leaped out of a plane at 10,000 feet with a camera but no parachute Saturday. His body was found next to a house with a damaged roof, police said.

Sloan Carafello of Schenectady, who was observing on the flight, followed an instructor, student and videographer out the door, wearing no skydiving gear, officials said.

Police said they did not suspect foul play but would not elaborate.

Robert Rawlins, pilot and owner of the Duanesburg Skydiving Club, said he was flying the single-engine plane and had begun to close the door when Carafello jumped.

His body was found next to a house west of Albany.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25024995/

At this point in the article I would put my witty remarks in but after reading that very brief news piece I could not help but laugh my ass off. Especially in the description on where they found him. Are the roofing conditionsof a house is a marking indicator? I'm sure this wasn't the main point of the article but I have to ask. It says he landed next to a house with a damaged roof. Twice is that reference as if he landed 'besides' the house.

I'm going to go out here on a limb and say he not so much landed 'besides' the house as much as he bounced off the roof when he was reintroduced to planet Earth. I wonder at what point this guy realized he was going to become a permanent fixture in someones yard? Perhaps the last thing that went through his mind was "Oh no, not again." Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why this moron had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.

Till then I'll be simply laughing. And really, I'm not sure why I cracked up when I read this article. Especially that piece about where they found him. Oh damaged roof... Perhaps I'm just a terrible person. I mean, was it that difficult to realize that maybe the roof was damaged because someone bounced off it?


No comments: